Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Marketing Specialist position. The Marketing Specialist will assist the Director in all marketing activities, including research, planning and implementation; advertising and media buying; and marketing communications plans. This position will be responsible for delivering creative, consistent and concise messages that support the College's mission, vision and goals as communicated through the College's websites, email campaigns and digital communications; and writing/editing content across all mediums, including print, online, radio, outdoor, television, direct mail, corporate communications and other collateral materials.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Minimum of two (2) years' related work experience in marketing required.
• Ability to think creatively and effectively execute ideas required.
• Diverse copywriting experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to create content through self-generated concepts, research, interviews and other means required.
• Advanced writing and critical thinking skills required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Proficiency in grammar and copy editing/proofreading required.
• Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Internet search proficiency required.
• Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Media buying experience preferred.
• Previous marketing experience in higher education preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our ...graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.
Back to top
The Marketing Career Network (MCN) is an online recruitment resource that aligns employers with professional marketing membership organizations. It brings together audiences from in every marketing discipline and connects them through a single job board network – it is the place marketers go...