The Data Analyst is responsible for using Google Analytics to initiate the finding and interpretation of large amounts of unstructured data to identify and develop information and reports to use in strategic business opportunities. Please note that, due to our government contract, we can only consider candidates for this position who are U.S. citizens.
· Lead design, coding, testing and documenting of new or existing analytics systems and tools (including dashboards, reports, alerts, etc.)
· Coordinate reporting for clients as instructed including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and summaries, and augment reports by researching and pulling data queries
· Ensure interoperability with analytics solutions by partnering with other development teams within iostudio, ensuring that the data they collect is viable for department use in the report design and implementation phases
· Monitor all aspects of reporting planning and creation including the timely and accurate creation of reports from the data architecture planning phases to final ROI data collection, ensuring that all report calculations are statistically sound and that data pulls are accurate and consistent month to month
· Perform data observations and leading the strategic design of reports and related systems
· Produce, or assist with creation of, presentations relaying analytics information
· Participate in, and/or facilitate, requirements-gathering sessions with stakeholders and information consumers when new projects begin. Using the information collected in these sessions, create wireframe models and outlines of proposed reports and data structures with on-staff database architects, developers and administrators
. Supervise the Associate Data Analyst
· Create on-demand reports as requested by management
· Research and understand new Web reporting technologies to provide technical leadership in developing future reports
. Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of sources
· Generate simple to advanced SQL queries as needed
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including manual processes, data delivery, and infrastructure scalability
· Work directly with stakeholders, including leadership, accounts, development, and design teams on data-related projects and initiatives
. Develop statistical analyses to prove capabilities and other assignments as needed
. Work directly with supervisor planning projects, and advise on team workload, while making recommendations for enhancements and upgrades to existing reports and systems based on personal insight and feedback from the team as a whole
· Advise on training schedules for teammates to keep the team current and thriving
· Remain a student of the industry – continue to be abreast of current trends, technology, styles, etc.
· Learn and abide by the operating policies and procedures of iostudio
· Represent iostudio in a professional manner with all client leadership, vendors and staff
· Complete and submit daily time reports
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
· Knowledge of Web analytics tools such as Google Analytics with knowledge of extracting and clearly reporting data REQUIRED
· Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts, terminology and architecture
· Ability to perform ad hoc queries and aggressively automate
· Advanced working knowledge and experience with relational database structures and understanding of SQL
· Understanding of basic statistics concepts (descriptive statistics, linear modeling, etc.)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to recognize and take the initiative to address short-term and long-term issues
· Ability to work independently and with other team members while maintaining positive morale and a sense of teamwork
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and switch quickly and comfortably between projects as determined by supervisor, clients or other circumstances
· Excellent organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills a must
· Experience with the R Statistical Programming language including experience with the Shiny Package
· Demonstrated knowledge of how to use statistics and reports for marketing purposes
· Ability to work with different types of teammates of various skill levels
. Experience in teaching and mentoring others in the use of various BI technologies, including Pentaho
o Ability to qualify for a government security clearance – as required by government contract
o Citizen of the United States of America – as required by government contract
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or statistics or comparable work experience
· 2-5 year’s directly related work experience that includes:
o 1-2 years of experience with MySQL with proven experience massaging queries until the optimal result is reached
o 1-2 years of experience in BI and data warehousing
· Experience working with the Pentaho BI Suite
· Experience with ETL, SQL and database design and development
· Experience with Google Analytics REQUIRED
· Experience in performance tuning of ETL/DB/SQL queries
. Experience with web APIs for many and varied technologies (and their connectivity into databases and BI tools)
For consideration, please submit resume and salary requirements. RESUMES MUST BE ATTACHED IN .DOC OR .PDF FORMATS ONLY.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
"EEO is the Law" poster and poster supplement links:
iostudio does not offer VISA sponsorship for any position.
Internal Number: 243
iostudio is an award-winning marketing agency based in Nashville, Tennessee, that specializes in content marketing, platform development and audience engagement. Our mission is to create meaningful, authentic experiences that empower and enrich people’s lives—while showing measurable results for our clients.We integrate and execute video production, editorial and design, digital development, and social media solutions, as well as end-to-end contact center support. Along the way, we ensure each solution is backed by a data strategy to ensure quantifiable return on investment.
The Marketing Career Network (MCN) is an online recruitment resource that aligns employers with professional marketing membership organizations. It brings together audiences from in every marketing discipline and connects them through a single job board network – it is the place marketers go...