The Director of Marketing is responsible for the development, planning and implementation of marketing strategy for select sports at the University of Missouri. Additional duties will include directing promotional efforts, enhancing brand awareness, and overseeing game day operations as it relates to fan experience. Additionally, s/he will serve as the Athletic Marketing Department’s liaison to various on campus and external entities.
• Responsible for implementation of the selected sport’s marketing plan, oversight of promotional efforts, brand enhancement efforts, and game day operations as it relates to fan experience
• Assist external team with football marketing and in game execution
• Collaborate with the Mizzou Ticket Office on group night, ticket discounts, and theme night promotions to increase attendance and drive revenue
• Assist with the fulfillment of corporate sponsorship contracts as it relates to signage, in-game promotions, videoboard, and print materials
• Conceptualize, collaborate and coordinate the procurement of printed materials
• Collaborate with on-campus student organizations, campus leaders, and community members to execute successful sports related events
• Serve as liaison to marching band, pep band, cheerleading team, dance team, and mascots for select sports
• Cooperate and work in conjunction with all University and sport specific marketing staff
• Conduct all activities in compliance with NCAA, SEC, and University rules and regulations
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
• Uphold, and abide by, all Mizzou policies and procedures, including, but not limited to; Title IX and FERPA guidelines
• Other job related duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned by Mizzou Athletics leadership
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: Job ID# 31413
About University of Missouri
The University of Missouri - Columbia, is located midway between Kansas City and St. Louis and has a current enrollment of approximately 32,000 students. The city of Columbia (pop. 120,000) is also home to Columbia College and Stephens College and is consistently nationally ranked as one of the most affordable communities in which to reside. The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, is home to 20 sports and employs approximately 225 full-time and 450 part-time individuals. The University of Missouri seeks a diverse work force and is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action, pro disabled and veteran employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. The university will recruit and employ qualified personnel and will provide equal opportunities during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified person with a disability.
The Marketing Career Network (MCN) is an online recruitment resource that aligns employers with professional marketing membership organizations. It brings together audiences from in every marketing discipline and connects them through a single job board network – it is the place marketers go...