Want a real career move where you can add value? Make an impact? Be excited about coming to work every day? Based out of Tigard, OR, CenterCal Properties is seeking a Marketing Manager to join the team!
CenterCal offers a compensation package you can feel good about and personal and professional challenges. Submit your resume/profile and let's talk!
In addition to a competitive compensation package, CenterCal offers a comprehensive benefits package and company culture that’s offers flexibility, is collaborative, family-oriented and focused on the health and well-being of its strongest asset – all employees!
Under the direction of the property General Manager, the center Marketing Manager is responsible for driving the sales/traffic and NOI growth by creating and implementing strategic and effective marketing strategies. The Marketing Manager creates and leads successful marketing events and programming, develops & actively nurtures tenant relationships daily, participates in securing revenue generating sponsorships, leads digital marketing/social media and public relations for the property as well as center related collateral/materials, print marketing & advertising.
As a member of the Marketing Team, we promise to:
* Drive Sales and Traffic * Know the Customer Best * Protect and Build the Bridgeport Village and CenterCal Brands
Consumer Marketing and Customer Experience The Marketing Manager is responsible for the creation and implementation of the center marketing plan and customer experience initiatives that align with regional directives while ultimately driving sales/traffic and NOI growth for the center.
* Develops annual center marketing plan by incorporating innovative and well-defined strategies and tactics to achieve stated objectives.
* Leads local marketing events and programs that directly produce sales and traffic; manage contracts & insurance for vendors in compliance with company policies. Tracks spending for all events and ROI to report back to company.
* Supports and drives digital business concepts associated with the center’s website, email database and social media assets. Oversees and coordinates all center content assuring accuracy and value to the customer, and ultimately driving retailer promotions/merchandise and marketing events.
* Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with the General Manager, Regional Marketing Director, Specialty Leasing Manager and other departments to achieve sponsorship goals for the center & obtain partnerships that ultimately enhance the shopping experience. Conceptualizes and creates programming to deliver value to potential partners.
* Develops and implements the community/government relations plan as well as takes an active role in local community organizations. Professionally networks with the appropriate community/government leaders, institutions, events, etc.
* Pursues, establishes and maintains positive media relations while maximizing positive publicity for the center and its retailers. Position will serve as the center spokesperson for stories related to marketing activities, trends and/or other applicable topics. Regularly creates media speaking points to maintain a level of knowledge and professionalism in handling critical media situations and accurate seasonal messaging.
* Participates as a member of the center’s development team when applicable for the property. Supports development’s marketing resources in creating and implementing overall project positioning, and as assigned, leads the creation of such marketing plans and budgets where applicable. Under the direction of the General Manager and Regional Marketing Director and other development marketing resources, leads ongoing graphics/signage communications strategy, ground-breaking/grand-opening events and post-opening marketing strategy.
* *Develops new ideas and best practices to incorporate into menu of consumer service and experience offerings.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for producing shopper insights, research findings, market information and positioning/visioning recommendations with the customer - retailers, shopper and community.
* Works with Leasing & General Manager in producing shopper insights and relevant research-based market information that support business sales growth.
* Actively participates in formulating merchandising/districting and positioning plans for the center.
Building and Protecting the Center & Company Brand The Marketing Manager serves as the official brand steward, overseeing and managing the implementation of the Bridgeport Village brand and CenterCal brand.
* Protects and builds the center’s brand by supporting and ensuring strict adherence to brand guidelines set forth by the Regional Marketing Director and General Manager.
* Develops all of the center’s communication materials (directories, tenant memos/manuals, copy for center collateral and print ads, seasonal campaigns, etc). Works closely with the Center’s design agency to ensure timeliness of materials and accuracy on a regular basis. Reviews all major campaigns with the Regional Marketing Director and General Manager prior to production.
*Provides clear and concise content for all marketing collateral; adheres to collateral process, strategically plans in advance with content and programming.
* Monitors common area experience to ensure visual standards are met.*Supports brand evolution projects as communicated by the Regional Marketing Director.
Retail, Management and Sales Partners The Marketing Manager is charged with creating unique marketing opportunities and programs to support retailer and sponsorship sales.
* Develops retailer relations by establishing and maintaining a thorough understanding of retailer sales performance/store productivity, occupancy costs, percentage rent analysis, category analysis, retail trends, developments in trade area, local/regional economy and competition and any other factors impacting overall center performance.
*Hosts regular retailer meetings and regular one-on-one meetings with tenants.
* Solicits and encourages retailer participation/support as an effort to promote their business and add value to overall center marketing plans.
* Builds retailer-focused programs that support traffic and sales growth.
* Prepares correspondence, proposals and presentations for a variety of audiences regarding programs, projects and other ideas to support the business objectives of the center.
* Works as an integral member of the center management team to achieve center goals and leads applicable report preparation of sales and traffic reporting, media relations and other necessary marketing-oriented support documents.
Financial Management * Creates annual center marketing budget with the directive of the Regional Marketing Director and General Manager.
* Creates monthly sales and marketing reports (sales reporting includes tracking sales for sister properties: Nyberg Woods and Nyberg Rivers).
*Responsible to grow sponsorships for the center, increasing bottom line.
* Ensures and maintains accurate budgets and monthly forecasts. Authorizes expenses in accordance with established policies and procedures while managing those expenses to set budget amounts. Responsible for submitting accruals.
* Oversees bidding process for large expenditures for marketing.
* Communicates in advance to General Manager and Regional Marketing Director any potential problematic budget issues.
General/Other * Works on special projects as requested by superiors and/or other corporate or regional personnel and all other duties as assigned.
Skill Set Required * College degree preferred. * Minimum of 3 – 5 years Marketing and/or related experience preferred (Retail, real estate, event marketing, etc.). * Must possess strong creative skills as well as be a strategic and analytical thinker. * Must have prior leadership skills and ability to effectively manage processes while maintaining a positive, friendly disposition in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. * Ability to collaborate with others and manage through conflict.
*Comfort level with all digital assets.
* Must possess a strong internal drive and initiative to produce results.
* Must possess the ability to manage budgets and have solid accounting skills.
* Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be proficient on basic Microsoft Office.
*Detail oriented, event planning a plus.
*Must be organized and able to multi-task.
*Must be flexible and able to work events and Manager on Duty shifts, which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
*Some travel may be required (training, assisting sister properties, etc.)
CenterCal is a premier retail real estate company focused on development and acquisitions in the western United States with expertise in building and redeveloping outdoor lifestyle centers, power centers, and regional malls. As one of most active retail developers in the United States, CenterCal has an extensive track record of successfully leasing retail centers with high-quality tenants, and CenterCal's strong equity base and efficient management platform position the company to successfully execute on emerging opportunities in any economic climate.
The Marketing Career Network (MCN) is an online recruitment resource that aligns employers with professional marketing membership organizations. It brings together audiences from in every marketing discipline and connects them through a single job board network – it is the place marketers go...