Reports to: Founder/CEO Location: Tallahassee, FL Job Type: Internship Compensation: Unpaid
ABOUT TLH RECKONING:
TLH (pronounced Tallahassee) Reckoning is the first of its kind professionally operated women’s soccer franchise emerging from Tallahassee, Florida. TLH Reckoning includes a pre-professional team and reserves team which will play inaugural seasons in the Summer of 2024. Both teams will compete in the USL W League and USL Academy respectively. TLH Reckoning will operate year-round with College/Pro Track Training and Development (T&D) and Reckoning Futures programs kicking off in August to provide local female players with the holistic development substance that has been missing.
Breaking geographic and institutional barriers the Reckoning is owned and operated by one of the most successful architects of the modern women’s game across the nation – former United Soccer Coaches President, co-founder of the Girls Academy league, Washington Spirit founding executive, FSU women’s soccer and W League alum; a female minority and a fierce advocate for girls and women in soccer.
INTERNSHIP POSITION SUMMARY:
The TLH Reckoning Grassroots Marketing Intern will work closely alongside front-office staff, on the growing the reach and strength of relationships in the Tallahassee community. Interns will gain hands-on experience in a professional setting and be given the opportunity to polish up skills learned in the classroom. Grassroots Marketing Interns will develop a strong understanding of the processes behind building a brand and a fan base. Interns will explore different methods of engagement with prospective fans and current fans using data-driven strategies to inform decision-making. This is an unpaid internship for college credit only. This internship runs from September through December 2023, however, continuation into the Spring/Summer terms are possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to the following):
- Assist in the planning and execution of grassroots activation at local events
- Ability to walk and stand for extended period of time and lift/carry up to 30 pounds
- Take ownership of set-up and tear-down of tables, tents, iPads, etc. at various events
- Engage with and inform fans at events with information about the club, ticket offers, and upcoming games
- Must be comfortable and engaging in large crowds
- Assist with monthly sweepstakes and other engagement opportunities
- Assist with lead generation and other engagement opportunities
- Assist in identifying Grassroots Marketing opportunities through market research of local events and organizations.
- Must represent TLH Reckoning with the utmost respect and professionalism
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and passion for working in women’s soccer
- Willingness to take initiative and desire to learn
- Must be reliable, self-sufficient and intrinsically motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and problem-solve independently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the presence of clients and players
- Proficient in G-Suite & Photoshop, Canva
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume, a personal statement of interest and three relevant references to email@example.com. Rolling application.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
TLH Reckoning is committed to uplifting our community, staff, players and club. We are seeking good humans and sound candidates to join us on this journey of breaking barriers to access and one of invigorating our community around women’s soccer.
TLH Reckoning will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TLH Reckoning is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). TLH Reckoning is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.