The Hoover Institution is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Senior Marketing Program Manager position.
A cover letter and resume is recommended for full consideration
About Stanford University's Hoover Institution: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace is a public policy research center devoted to the advanced study of economics, politics, history, and political economy--both domestic and foreign--as well as international affairs.
Founded in 1919 by Herbert Hoover before he became the thirty-first president of the United States, the Institution began as a repository of historical material gathered at the end of World War I. The library and archives have grown to be among the largest private repositories of documents on twentieth-century political and economic history. Over time the Institution expanded its mission from collecting archival material to conducting advanced research on contemporary history and economics and applying this scholarship to current public policy challenges.
With its eminent scholars and world-renowned library and archives, the Hoover Institution seeks to improve the human condition by advancing ideas that promote economic opportunity and prosperity, while securing and safeguarding peace for America and all humanity.
The Senior Marketing Program Manager position will work under the general direction of a distinguished Senior Fellow to develop, implement, and administer the vision, strategy, and goals of the Hoover History lab and adjacent programs. Their focus will be primarily on communications, some writing and mostly editing of policy pieces, for publication on our website or other dissemination (op-eds etc.) and marketing interacting with a private firm partner in the educational space to drive our educational vector beyond Stanford. A preferred candidate would be someone with experience in education publishing and marketing to those in the educational space. We are also looking for someone with passion and depth of knowledge in either/or history/international relations/ science-tech and is creative in their ability to manage a website and market programs.
* Recommend, manage and execute integrated marketing plans/programs and strategies to meet objectives. * Develop and manage the communication and strategy for the history lab individual program(s) incorporating appropriate channels (i.e., web presence, digital and print). * Manage market research and campaign/program/service/event analysis used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting. * Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings. * Manage program budget, goals, and objectives in alignment with organizational goals. * Guide event planning and execution as needed to support marketing objectives. * Manage educational vendors and develop a network of key contacts.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing. * Experience with digital, web, print, social media marketing. * Ability to lead cross-functional teams toward a common goal. * Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. * Experience with market research and data analysis. * Understands how to implement effective marketing programs across multiple channels. * Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills. * Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills. * Prior experience in planning and managing program budgets.
Certifications and Licenses:
* Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks. * Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking. * Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand. * Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Occasional work on evenings and weekends. Some travel required.
The expected pay range for this position is $118,000-$150,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location, and external market pay for comparable jobs.
* Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations. * Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned. * Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work at Stanford?Stanford University has changed the world, over and over again.We are one of Silicon Valley's largest employers - and also one of the most unique. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging place to work. At the same time, our traditions of respect and collaboration sustain a humane, supportive environment in which to pursue your life and your career.At Stanford you'll work with bright, diverse, dedicated people. You'll find encouragement to learn and grow. You'll enjoy excellent benefits and an outstanding environment. How will it change you?
The Marketing Career Network (MCN) is an online recruitment resource that aligns employers with professional marketing membership organizations. It brings together audiences from in every marketing discipline and connects them through a single job board network – it is the place marketers go...